It’s easier to buy chocolate candy online. In fact online candy shops are the perfect places to find bulk candies for any special occasion. This comes in handy especially for wedding candy buffets, as you can buy candy in bulk without worrying about breaking the bank.
Candy buffets are rising in popularity because they add a unique and fun touch to the wedding reception, and offer guests the chance to indulge their sweet cravings. If you are interested in having a candy buffet at your wedding reception, there are a few things to keep in mind.
Creating The Perfect Candy Buffet
- How Much Candy? As stated above it’s really easy to find all sorts of chocolate candy online, in addition to candy gummies, mints, and other confections. Online candy stores host all kinds of candies so that you can be sure to find exactly what you’re looking for. Whether you want a mix of candies, gummies, or assorted chocolates, you can create a plethora of creative setups that both you and your guests can enjoy.
When looking to buy make sure that you purchase around ¼ to ½ of a pound of candy per guest you are expecting. This may seem like a lot but having extra gives guests the option to bring some of the sweets home as a sort of fill your own gift bag.
- What Types To Buy? As we touched on above, there are numerous combinations that you can create to form your own candy buffet. While you can get chocolate candy online, you can also check with sites about customizing the color of the chocolate. Some online candy stores will offer chocolates in colors that will match your chosen palette. However, if you’re planning on all chocolate, make sure the reception is held in an area this isn’t too hot to prevent any melting. If you’re planning on an outdoor reception in August, for example, you might want to look into cooling solutions, or going with hard or gummy candies instead.
- Keeping It Stocked. Ask your reception hall if it would be possible to have someone tend to the buffet to ensure that it stays well stocked. If you’re hall is already providing staff it shouldn’t be any hassle for them to assign someone specially to this table. This step just makes sure nothing gets too low, and that everything stays arranged neatly.
- The Design. When it comes to designing you candy buffet it is important to try and incorporate your theme or color palette into the layout. You want to create a display that is eye-catching, but not overly busy or hectic. If you have a wedding planner they should be able to help you come up with a unique and special design that is all your own.
- Sticking To Budget. While buying chocolate candy online can help you stay under budget, another trick to help you save is turning the card table into the buffet once all the guests are seated. This can be done easily if reception hall staff are available to help, or if you have a couple people in your wedding party who can spend a couple minutes setting up. This also saves you from having to bring in an additional table, and it will already be pre-decorated with your wedding colors.